[BlueOnyx:13465] Re: Help with BlueOnyx setup...Reply to: Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40 (1)

Lew Berry LCBerry at lcbconsulting.net
Wed Jul 31 12:19:42 -05 2013

Something else to consider here, the server most likely has a DRAC of some sort installed. How many NIC ports are on the server? If one of them has a wrench picture next to it, it's not a NIC, it's a dedicated DRAC (enterprise version) and can't be used as a NIC. Standard DRAC is usually shared with Eth0. It's default is 192.168.0.120 if I remember, could be 100 though. The IP can be viewed/changed in the boot BIOS sequence.
Alternatively try installing an add in NIC (disable the onboards in the BIOS) and see if that makes a difference. Since this is a used server there's no guarantee the NIC's work. It may have been retired due to a lightning strike or some similar event on the network. The NIC lights may be on, but that doesn't actually mean anyone's home.

Lew Berry, MCSE, MCT, CSSA
LCB Consulting Inc.
Subject: [BlueOnyx:13464] Re: Help with BlueOnyx setup...Reply to: Digest, Vol 55, Issue 40 (1)

This is just too painful.

What do you have for a router? A Linksys? If so with Linksys and some others the default DHCP starts at 192.168.1.100. Have you tried setting the IP address of the server to 192.168.1.99 or another IP address that isn't likely assigned like 192.168.1.100 would be with a Linksys or similar router? Check the IP address you use from a PC with the server off:
Ping 192.168.1.99 (or whatever) from your PC to make sure it's not occupied.

If you use 192.168.1.99 as the server address and then can get there using the URL http://192.168.1.99 maybe things will work better. It looks like you found eth0 (does not always match the labeling on the jacks), so that should not be a problem.

A 5108/5017 install should just work as described above.

I hope this helps.

	-Stephanie