[BlueOnyx:12339] Re: Site Prefix error on 5108R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 1 09:58:18 -05 2013

On 3/1/2013 8:21 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> If the site prefix has a number in it, the error is reproduced.  If
>> numerals are removed from the site prefix, adding a user works as
>> intended.   Perhaps that is something that can be reviewed?
>
> Oh? That's strange. I'll give it a look as soon as I have stable
> outgoing SSH connections again.

Sure, not a problem.   We've changed the site prefix in the meantime,
but it was an odd find!

> Monday night copper thieves have cannibalized a DSLAM enclosure a bit
> down the street and have stolen a a few hundred meters of cable between
> that unit and the switching station. So a fair chunk of my neighborhood
> is without internet at the moment.

Ugh.  Be it air-conditioning units, power cables from the utility or
generator, or the 100-pair telco cables we have coming into the
building, we keep a pretty keen eye on the property, and some of us are
well-armed.   We've done what we can with regard to physically securing
the property, but you never know when a whacked-out crackhead is going
to think of something you never would have considered.   So far we
haven't been targeted.   I pity the fool we catch trying.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services