[BlueOnyx:12361] Re: Solarspeed / Compass / BlueOnyx stores

Harm van Houten harm.vanhouten at united4all.nl
Tue Mar 5 01:27:15 -05 2013

Hi,

I tried to reset my newlinq password but i never recieved the email there wasnt even an entry in the maillogs for it... Can you assist? Username: info at yourside.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it>schreef:

Hi all,

Earlier this year, Compass and Solarspeed joined forces to create a
unified software distribution platform for Blueonyx. Things have been
going well in the new environment, with customers now able to install
all PKG files directly from the BlueOnyx user interface.

There are a few common questions and other items that we have been
regularly answering for people about the new stores. This message is a
one-time post to the list to hopefully cover the answers to some of the
common questions.

* Can I download a PKG file for a previous purchase?

All package installations use the NewLinQ system. This allows you to
install software on your server and obtain updates via the BlueOnyx user
interface. Packages are no longer available for direct download.

* What about my order from the old store?

If you have previously purchased from Compass / Solarspeed, your order
has been imported in the new system. If you need to re-install, you can
use the NewLinQ facilities to do your re-install. If you do not know
your NewLinQ password, just do a password reset in the store.

* Can I install my purchase on multiple servers?

If you want to install a purchase on two or more servers, you need to
buy one copy per server.

* What about volume pricing?

When buying multiple copies, the store will automatically calculate
discounts for your orders. No additional discounts are available unless
you are ordering more than 10 copies.

* What about other information I need to know?

>From time to time, we will publish a newsletter that will be sent via
email. If you want to subscribe, you should edit your profile in the
store. In these newsletters, we will be publishing information about new
products, BlueOnyx tips, and some occasional discounts or free offers.

Shop locations:
---------------

http://shop.blueonyx.it/
http://www.compassnetworks.com.au/
http://www.solarspeed.net/

PLEASE NOTE:

We want to keep this mail-list focused on BlueOnyx, with commercial
activities kept separate.

There will be occasions when people ask here about a something that
needs a solution that is in our store. We will respond to inquiries
directing people to go to the store and/or followup off list. Any
extended discussions should not happen on the list.

The only other time we will post here about commercial products will be
related to security announcements we want to ensure the entire community
is briefed on a risk that needs to be addressed.