[BlueOnyx:12425] Re: limit FTP Directory

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 5 17:55:29 -05 2013

From: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
[mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] On Behalf Of Matthew Komar
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:27 PM
To: BlueOnyx General Mailing List
Subject: [BlueOnyx:12423] Re: limit FTP Directory

Can you give them a regular user account and use symlinks for the web root?

if I do that though they would not be able to upload / add or delete files
from the /web folder.

On Mar 5, 2013 5:25 PM, "Gregg" <greggk1 at cox.net> wrote:

I have a client that wants to hire someone to do his website, but he wants
to limit the designer to the /web directory only.

Under the BO you can setup a user as site admin, but as site admin they also
can get to the root of the site  which includes certificates, all of the
logs, the users etc.  The first think I thought was to limit the users
directory to the /web directory in the passwd file, but the passwd file no
longer contains the users.  How else would I be able to limit this user to
just the /web directory for the site?

Thanks,

Gregg