[BlueOnyx:12517] .htaccess and wordpress not working together

Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software pete at bridgewater.it
Tue Mar 12 05:01:19 -05 2013

Hi

I have a strange issue with a site I am trying to protect whilst its in
development.

I have setup a wordpress site and the site works fine, until I put the
.htaccess / .htpasswd amends into the directory.  When I do this the
protected .htaccess works and the site is protected but the site no
longer functions as the redirect is no longer working

I have tried putting the .htaccess in the site root directory,  and
still get the redirect not working.

I have tried putting all the code in one .htaccess file in /web and
still to no avail

The only way the wp site works is if I remove the password lines and the
only way the protection works is by removing the redirect.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

--

Kind regards,

Pete Robbins
Bridgewater Software Development Ltd
Email: peter at bridgewater.it
Tel: +44 (0) 1442 870244
Skype: bridgewater1901
*Important:*
This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the above named only
and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please
notify us immediately. You must not copy or disclose the contents to any
third party. Internet e-mail is not a fully secure communications
medium. Please take this into account when sending e-mail to us. Any
attachment(s) to this e-mail are believed to be free from virus, but it
is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus
checks.

*Bridgewater Software Development Ltd*
Jelmac House
High Street