[BlueOnyx:12532] Re: Mail filtering alternative to Postini

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Wed Mar 13 16:41:32 -05 2013

To bring this thread full circle, I am going to share with you the
solution I implemented to replace Postini email filtering for my hosting
customers and my own use. After looking at many many websites, speaking
with various vendors, and testing trial versions, including in no
particular order:

- Roaring Penguin's hosted CanIt service
- SpamHero.com
- cudamail.com
- Barracuda's hosted service
- McAfee.com hosted service
- my colo provider's hosted Fortimail service or a used Fortimail box
- OpenSRS Email Filtering
- Commtouch
- Dell SonicWALL Hosted Email Security (over $3000/year!!)
- and a few others

I ended up going with hosted email filtering service from: PostLayer.com

Who? PostLayer is rebranded version of the CloudCrest service from MX
Force, based in Dallas (www.mxforce.com). They have an absolutely
incredible web admin console that acts like a native desktop app,
responsive customer service, and aggressive yet simple pricing.

The PostLayer.com website (webpage?) was pretty thin, but after
communicating with support and then starting a live trial, I was
convinced. The system works well.

Thanks again to all who provided tips and suggestions. It turned out that
I found PostLayer via Google AdWords.

Regards,

David Thacker
Thacker Network Technologies Inc.