[BlueOnyx:12559] Re: Kernel Question

James james at slor.net
Sun Mar 17 11:23:25 -05 2013

After doing what you did, if you should still end up with any missing
entries in future you can do this (courtesy of Michael in older thread):

#!/bin/sh
# Setup newest Kernel as default:
KERNEL=`ls -k1 /boot/vmlinuz-*| sed s#/boot/vmlinuz-##|sort -V -r|head -1`
/sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel --mkinitrd --depmod --install \
--make-default $KERNEL
cat /etc/grub.conf | grep -v ^serial |grep -v ^terminal >
/boot/grub/grub.conf

I actually ran into you issue with a recently-deployed 5108R - sounds like I
should have been surprised since it should have been cleared up in that
release.  At any rate, I made the symlink you did and ran this script to
peruse my boot folder and build a proper grub.conf.