[BlueOnyx:12575] Re: Pricing!!!

Mark E. Levy mark at levysplace.us
Mon Mar 18 18:32:47 -05 2013

Hey, I remember when a T1 cost almost that much!!

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet <cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:

On 3/18/2013 5:35 PM, Rickard Osser wrote:
> Hi Blues,
>
> I just needed to get this of my chest!
>

> We're in the process of getting offers for a new connection to the all
> mighty network we all know as Internet.
>
> The last offer sent to me today is US $1030/month, no installation cost,
> excluding VAT (Sales tax). We actually got virtually the same offer from
> 2 different companies. We can use the line for whatever we want,
> including hosting and selling access. This is a business line...
>
> What speed are you all wondering?
>

> A whopping 1Gbit/s...

That could be much, much worse.   But still, I understand the pain.
That's roughly twice what we would charge for a similar connection,
except we're using 4 different carriers and 4 diverse physical paths so
if one (or two, or three) carriers take an outage, you're still online.

Of course, that's delivered to our datacenter, and not delivered
externally.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services