[BlueOnyx:12619] Re: Sitex.include

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Tue Mar 26 16:55:27 -05 2013

On 26 Mar 2013, at 21:20, Richard Barker wrote:
> It is place there when you add the site but there is a script that builds it
> and put it in the /etc/httpd/conf/vhost/ folder as sitexx.include

I'm confused, I suspect mainly because I can't see any grammar at all.

The sitexx files are auto-generated Apache configs made by BlueOnyx. They contain the virtualhost definition. If you edit these files, they're over-written. To allow customisation, they include the sitexx.include files. They are never modified by BlueOnyx.

The template is produced by /usr/sausalito/base/apache/virtual_host.pl, but you shouldn't edit this - it's a system file that can/will be overwritten during updates. Editing this sort of defeats the point of the include file - you might as well make it edit the sitexx file. If you want all these files to have things added to them, you should handle this in scripts external to BlueOnyx, make it overwrite the .include files as you see fit - that way you wont create any incompatibilities with BlueOnyx.

Steve