[BlueOnyx:12639] Re: Another Issue

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Mar 29 11:01:01 -05 2013

On 29/03/2013 13:01, Richard Barker wrote:
> Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we have:
>     Current   : Wed Mar 27 15:29:28 2013
>     Downloaded: Wed Mar 27 15:26:50 2013

The repomd.xml date issue is caused by Scientific Linux 6.4 shipping
last night.  In their announcement to their mailing list they advised
people to do a `yum clean expire-cache` before upgrading.

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a nice hack to stop thousands of
servers hitting their repo's at the same time.

Dan