[BlueOnyx:12665] Re: Auto suspend vhosts

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Mar 29 23:20:26 -05 2013

Hey Michael,

On 3/29/2013 6:51 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Here is a really quick and dirty Perl-Script that can suspend/unsuspend
> Vsites:
<SNIP>

> It doesn't do much error checking, but gets the job done.
>
> Command line usage would be:
>
> Suspend of www.testing.com:
> ./vsitesuspend.pl 1 www.testing.com
>
> Unsuspend of www.testing.com:
> ./vsitesuspend.pl 0 www.testing.com

You have no idea how timely this is, as we are just starting to put
together some automation scripts in a new billing system.   Something
that has been sorely lacking in BlueOnyx (and it's not BlueOnyx's
"fault") is the ability to tie in with billing / customer management
automation systems.  That keeps it from playing with the big name
control panels.   There are some older "legacy" billing systems that
included some support for Cobalt RaQ, but then when things went belly
up, that support started falling away.  BlueQuartz kept the code alive
and for that we'll be forever grateful.  Hopefully now BlueOnyx will
carry the torch into new territory.   It doesn't have to beat the other
panels.  It just needs to have a healthy niche.   Putting some tools in
the drawer is a good step in that direction.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services