[BlueOnyx:12699] Re: Dell RAID Notification

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 31 18:30:34 -05 2013

Hi Robb,

> Yesterday I installed 6108r on a Dell 2850 which has on-board RAID.
> I noticed in BO it said there was no RAID installed.

Yes, because it doesn't see any software-RAID.

When you use hardware-RAID, then all the OS sees is is the disk (or
multiple) that the hardware controller makes available to the OS for usage.

> Is there any way to see how the well the Dell RAID is working (or not working)?

Most hardware-RAID controllers have some extra software and/or command
line tools with which you can monitor or manipulate the hardware RAID with.