[BlueOnyx:12964] Re: Aventurine and vps date issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 3 21:23:46 -05 2013

Hi Simone,

> i'm having a problem with an aventurine  and the vps inside it.
> the aventurine date is set to 01:23 cest timezone europe/rome
> the vps date is 02:23 cest timezone europe/rome
>
> the problem is the hour forward of the vps

That's a bit odd. OK, generally you cannot manually change the time
inside a VPS. The only mechanism for that is setting the timezone.

Say the Aventurin{e} is set to "US/Eastern" and the VPS is set to
"EU/Rome". In that case the time of the VPS will be computed automatically.

Normally this works quite well - daylight saving or not. That it now
doesn't is odd. Could be kernel related.

Try to set the timezone on the Aventurin{e} to "South Africa/Capetown"
as a work around. That should be the same date and time without daylight
savings. I'll dig further into it and will see how this can be fixed
permanently without such a work around.