[BlueOnyx:12968] Re: NewLinQ

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sat May 4 06:47:57 -05 2013

Hi All....
On 04/05/2013, at 9:19 PM, Richard C. Barker Sr. <admin at probass.com> wrote:

> I get this:
>
> Software Updates was unable to retrieve a list of packages from the Software Updates server located at newlinq.blueonyx.it. Please check to make sure that newlinq.blueonyx.it is a valid Software Updates server and that you can query it from your web browser.

Yes... this is related to the swatch error people have seen as well.

Last couple of days, the servers have been receiving a constant botnet barrage that is hammering the webstores... This in turn is hitting the back end that is shared with newlinq. The annoying thing here is that NewLinQ is actually quite stable with no errors. I did a test shutdown of newlinq, leaving only the webstore and mysql active - and it still died after a bit.

I've been building some custom dfix2 rules to block the botnet - hopefully it will calm down in a bit.

Greg.