[BlueOnyx:13004] RAID Sync paused

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Wed May 15 06:15:14 -05 2013

Hi All,

I have a yellow flag in the system status this morning on a 5108R:

---------------------------------

Your system is configured for disk mirroring (RAID 1) using 2 disks.

The system has paused when resynchronizing the information on the disks.
Please wait a few minutes for synchronization to resume. If synchronization
does not resume, please refer to http://BlueOnyx.it/ for assistance.

---------------------------------

As per http://mail.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2011-December/009281.html
/proc/mdstat contains:

---------------------------------

Personalities : [raid1]

md0 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdb1[1](F)

      511988 blocks super 1.0 [2/1] [U_]

md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1](F) sda2[0]

      976247676 blocks super 1.1 [2/1] [U_]

      bitmap: 8/8 pages [32KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

We suspect a heavy disk load is causing the resync to pause which I have
stopped but the synchronisation hasn't restarted. Can anyone advise how to
restart is manually?

DD