[BlueOnyx:13055] Re: Newlinq

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Fri May 17 19:19:20 -05 2013

On 18/05/2013, at 9:11 AM, Greg Kuhnert <gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au> wrote:

> OK. Its back up...
>
> There will be a number of changes over the near future that will help to "tame the beast".  Right now, the plans are:
>
> 1. Do some filtering of botnet traffic (Complete).
> 2. Increase some parameters in aventurine to give it some more grunt. (Complete)
> 3. Change compass website to a different IP. This will leave newlinq on its own IP. (Complete)
> 4. Put varnish in front of newlinq only. (WIP)
> 5. Later - Possibly migrate to ngenix and split some other components.
>
> Ignore any am status values that show issues with renewal status right now - I will investigate and update in the near future.

renewal (am_status) issues are now fixed. This is a new feature we built a while ago. Basically, it integrates some smarts into newlinq, where you will be notified if about renewals for your server based on the following criteria;

Green = All good
Amber = Renewal date has passed
Red = Renewal date has passed, AND there are updates that you cannot download which may affect the security of your server.

Its been running for a while, but the funny story is that during testing, I hard coded the checks to lookup details from one of my test servers. I forgot to remove that hard coded detail, so everyone got the RED status of one of my servers at the same time. I have updated the code, and it now accurately reflects the renewal status for your servers directly.

One more update: Varnish is now running in front of newlinq. Before this issue, it was already on the to-do list. The current setup is only doing acceleration / caching for one URL in newlinq. Everything else should be pass through. Let me know if you have any issues off-list, and I'll get it sorted.

Thanks.
Greg.