[BlueOnyx:13158] Re: Unable to login with admin/blueonyx credential

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 31 09:28:39 -05 2013

Hi Ajeet S Raina,

> Protected multilib versions: perl-Jcode-0.87-0BQ1.x86_64 !=
> perl-Jcode-2.07-1.el6.rf.noarch

This is one of the reasons why the installation of BlueOnyx is done best
off the ISO images we provide. Only then we can really guarantee that
you get a working system with the most minimal hassles.

In your case you used the tarball installer on a system that already had
been updated with things out of a third party YUM repository. That small
"rf" in "perl-Jcode-2.07-1.el6.rf.noarch" tells me that this RPM is not
a Scientific Linux RPM.

If you must use the tarball installer, please do a minimal install of
the OS first and do NOT install any third party RPMs before you try to
install BlueOnyx.

The installation of BlueOnyx brings around 400 RPMs aboard and the
dependencies between these RPM's are already a nightmare. We can't
really make sure that it works if the "base OS" our installer finds is
already modified much beyond "stock" features.