[BlueOnyx:13791] Internet Security Warning

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 11:08:21 -05 2013

Hi

I have set up a BO server just for SMTP purposes. I purchased a Comodo
certificate so it can use TLS and I have SMTP Authentication and Enable
Submission Port ticked. I set up users under a domain and I allow access to
TCP/587 only. It all seems to work but when you send your first email (In
Outlook) after to have opened Outlook, it comes up with:

Internet Security Warning.

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot
be verified.

A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is
not trusted by the trust provider.

You can click yes to continue and the email is sent. It is fine after that
until you close Outlook and reopen it again.

In the SSL setting under the virtual site, it is listed correctly and if you
click on Manage Certificate Authorities, the Comodo one is listed.

Is there something else that I'm supposed to do?

Thanks

Richard