[BlueOnyx:13833] Re: cmuImport on 5108R not creating users

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 12 22:17:14 -05 2013

Hi Will,

> I'm trying to import the sites from my old, dying 5106R to a shiny new
> 5108R and the sites are created fine, but the users aren't.
>
> # /usr/sbin/cmuImport -s -d /home/.users/112/admin/transfer -n
> www.domain1.com -i 1.2.3.4

Uhm .... why are you using the "-s" switch?

That switch is for re-using an existing CCE auth session ID. See
"cmuImport -h" for the available options.

The official guide for CMU migrations is here:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrations

The typical cmuImport command to import everything is:

/usr/sbin/cmuImport -a -d /home/export/data/

The "-a" tells cmuImport to also import "admin" users and the -d
specifies the directory of the CMU-dump.

Anything else is optional.

So at the worst I would use these switches to restore a single site to a
certain IP:

/usr/sbin/cmuExport -n "www.domain.com" -i 1.2.3.4 -d /home/export/data

In that case I'd even skip the "-a", because you probably won't need the
extra server admins if you're just restoring one site anyway.