[BlueOnyx:13840] Re: IP address change for email (Tom)

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue Oct 15 15:50:06 -05 2013

tmYmGKlYHG7xDQNxMPk8KQ at public.gmane.org"

>       Deferred. So I am posting this at the post site.

>     Thank you for the help

>       Tom

>       PS: I love it. my keyword to post is "steamed", which is exactly

>       how I feel

>       ___

>     The server IP address will be the IP other email servers on

>     the Inet will see.

>     Also check your MX record, good to use an MX host.domain.tld and

>     domain.tld

>     Do not use cname in DNS records.

>     Gerald

I'm just trying to figure out how to change the ip from the console, as my
GUI is broken in that area. I have 2 NICs installed and 2 ip addresses. I
want to change the primary IP to a new one.

Checking my MX record I have a forward entry as:

mail . domanname.net  Forward   xx.xxx.xxx.51

and an mx record as:

domainname..net  Mail Highest   mail.domainname.net

What started all his was after the box was initially set up, I must have
gotten hit before securing the server's email. thousands of bounces came
through in a couple of days and the ip got blacklisted. The ip is clean
except one minor list and Google.

Thank you

Tom

>       My reverse DNS checks fine from outside over the net.

>       I tested at a few websites that check for open relays, ports, dns

>       check etc. and everything checks out fine.

>       I also ran a few local tests to make sure the smtp was working. So

>       I'm figuring, since it takes forever for Gmail to release a

>       targeted IP, just change it. I own 5 and am using 2.

>       But only 1 is targeted by Gmail.

>       I just replied to the list from my official email address and

>       immediately received a "rejected by <a class="moz-txt-link-
abbreviated" href="mailto:blueonyx at ...">blueonyx at ...</a>"

>       Deferred. So I am posting this at the post site.

type="cite">Thank you for the help