[BlueOnyx:13844] Re: IP address change for email (Tom)

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Tue Oct 15 17:35:40 -05 2013

On 10/15/2013 04:31 PM, Tom wrote:

>>     log into a shell session   su -   enter root
> passwordexecute   ./network_settings.sh
>

> I did that and it shows the new IP address. However, all domains are now
> unreachable. I put it back to the original IP and the doamins work again.
> I'm assuming some dns entry changes are needed?
I assume the working IP address is the same as the sites IP address.
Are the sites accessible by IP address? Is the server GUI accessible by
Server's IP address
DNS will ony give you the IP address for a domain.tld

Are you sure that the nameservers are working?
look at /etc/resolv.conf and see it the dns servers are listed
See if you can access the dns servers from the shell, ping 1.2.3.4