[BlueOnyx:13899] Re: Blueonyx Digest, Vol 58, Issue 30

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 07:31:11 -05 2013

DNS uses port 53 - UDP, not TCP if I remember.  If you have DNS enabled you
will need port 53 open.

There was a security issue a little while back regarding DNS and port 53,
but BlueOnyx now has a rate limiter so the problem is dramatically reduced.
This may be the root cause of much of the forum chatter about the matter.