[BlueOnyx:13927] Re: Web Alias Redirects

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Oct 26 14:52:43 -05 2013

Put in the domain name as a alias Tom.

I always do that.  When I set up a new domain, I always put in the domain name as a alias for the webserver (assuming the site is www for name + the domain name).  I also put in ftp.domain and mail.domain in the list of webserver aliases.

Then in the e-mail aliases - I put in the domain name, mail.domain, smtp.domain, and pop.domain.

That way - all bases are covered.  Should never have a problem with the server serving up the wrong site/pages.

Chuck