[BlueOnyx:15136] Re: 554 5.4.6 Too many hops

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Apr 8 14:33:05 -05 2014

On 4/8/2014 10:35 AM, RC Barker wrote:
> Thanks Larry,
> I am trying to get the DNS in our control but
> no luck yet

RC shared the domain with me offlist.  I found this:
Name Server: NS29.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS30.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Uh oh.   Gocrappy.   But it looks as if that's not the culprit (this time):
None of your MX servers have CNAME records. This is good.

I found the following MX records:
barracuda.probass.com 10

Uh oh, again.   Barracuda.  So the BlueOnyx system is not the MX record.

Make sure that your configuration on the BlueOnyx server accurately
reflects this, both in DNS config and email server alias.

HTH,
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services