[BlueOnyx:14332] Re: php mail function issue

Ralf Quint pcworxla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:09:55 -05 2014

Have been away from BlueOnyx for a while but installed a 5106 version
(for now, 5107 won't install on this 386MB RAM box and I do not have a
better spare machine around).
Now I have the need to allow email from one of the two sites hosted on
that server via a PHP mail form.
The form, with spam checks and everything works fine, but the problem is
that the domain in question has their email serviced through Google
Apps, so I need to go through an external SMTP server with authentication.
Michael himself recommended PHPmailer a while back, which I found as
well while looking around for a better solution than the limited
standard PHP mail() function, though the official version apparently is
now on Github (https://github.com/Synchro/PHPMailer).

What would be the appropriate steps to get this installed on a 5106 box?
Any chance to just to a yum install or do I need to install this manually?

thanks for any useful insight,

Ralf

--
-- P.C.Worx * On-Site IT Services Phone: (323)744-1081 Mailing address:
12021 Wilshire Blvd. #290, Los Angeles, CA 90025 www.pcworxla.com --

---