[BlueOnyx:14221] Re: Blueonyx Control panel is Not adding vsite user email information to virtusertable and access files - User unknown errors (more info)

David Hahn blueonyx at sb9.com
Sat Jan 4 14:25:17 PET 2014


Both lines match exactly.
Could DNS MX records have a effect on this User unknown issue?

TIA
David


On 1/4/2014 12:01 PM, David Hahn wrote:
> Thank you Tom. I will try it.
>
> On 1/4/2014 11:19 AM, wcstaff at webcoast.com wrote:
>>>>> What can I do to fix the BO control panel problem? Can add them to the
>>>>> files and hash and restart sendmail?
>>>>> or will I loose them anytime I make control panel changes. I need to
>> get
>>>>> any new vsite/added users email working.
>>>>> What other files does this problem affect?
>>>>>
>>>> The "Cobalt System Section" doesn't bother me here.
>>>>
>>>> Question:  Are the problem users all in the same domain?  Or different
>>>> domains?
>>>>
>>>> Maybe your server provider can have a look?
>>> Just when adding new domains or adding user email to existing domains.
>>> Only part of the sendmail info gets in the
>>> the actual files when comparing them to a working domain. I set up a
>>> brand new one last night and i get User unknown when testing
>>> the email from dnsstuff.com.
>>>
>>> Jan  3 17:17:24 fs sendmail[5395]: s03NHNwC005395: ruleset=check_rcpt,
>>> arg1=<postmaster at xxx.com>, relay=[23.249.168.247], reject=550 5.1.1
>>> <postmaster at xxxx.com>... User unknown
>>>
>>> postmaster is a alias for xxx.com.
>>>
>>> Thanks Chris.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thank you
>>> David Hahn
>>> ----
>> I had serious problems with the GUI. Wrong IP addresses, problems with
>> adding vsites and user and more.
>> Then I found a post with this solution:
>>
>> create a shellscript with this code in it and run it:
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> #!/bin/bash
>> LAST=-1
>> MIN=-1
>> for X in `ls /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/ | sort -n`
>> do
>>     MYNEXT=$(( $LAST + 1 ))
>>     if [ $MYNEXT -eq $X ]
>>     then
>>       LAST=$X
>>     else
>>       if [ $LAST -ge 1 ]
>>       then
>>         if [ $MIN -eq $LAST ]
>>         then
>>           echo -n $LAST,
>>         else
>>           echo -n $MIN-$LAST,
>>         fi
>>       fi
>>       LAST=$X
>>       MIN=$X
>>     fi
>> done
>> if [ $MYNEXT -lt $X ]
>> then
>>     echo -n $LAST
>> else
>>     echo -n $MIN-$LAST
>> fi
>> echo ""
>> echo "/usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids reports:"
>> cat /usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids
>> echo ""
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The script allowed me to compare what CODB thought it was using to what it
>> actually was using.
>> I did the following from the console:
>> /etc/init.d/crond stop
>> /etc/init.d/cced.init stop
>>
>> Then I ran the above script
>>
>> The script gives you 2 lines of objects numbers. The first line is what is
>> really being used by CODB and the second line is what CODB thinks it is
>> using.
>>
>> I then went to /usr/Sausalito/codb and edited the codb.oids file to match
>> the top correct line of numbers for the objects in the database.
>>
>> Then:
>> /etc/init.d/crond start
>> /etc/init.d/cced.init start
>>
>> All the extra phantom IP addresses, wrong Mac Addresses, strange entries
>> in my DNS were all corrected and gone, and vsite and user problems were
>> fixed.
>>
>> Not sure if this will work for you, but it may be worth trying.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Blueonyx mailing list
>> Blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it
>> http://mail.blueonyx.it/mailman/listinfo/blueonyx
>>
>>

-- 
Thank you
David Hahn
----
Hey Super Users! - su
Get E Mail Alerts when sites or services are up or down.
Remotely Monitor Website and/or Service Absolutely Free in seconds.
http://mon.pagekeeperservice.com




More information about the Blueonyx mailing list