[BlueOnyx:15625] Re: Saslauthd Errors

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Mon Jul 7 13:22:24 -05 2014

Or they are "password" fishing.  Pick an account, try smtp-auth with
that username and a list of possible passwords, rinse, repeat.  If they
ever get one you will immediately see the spam start to flow (most
likely from a different IP than the one that cracked it).  I had one
occurence where the account was cracked (had logs of that) and sixteen
other IP immediately started sending with those credentials...

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net