[BlueOnyx:15629] move user from one domain to another

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Wed Jul 9 06:11:03 -05 2014

hello

I have a tricky project: I want to move an user account from one virtual domain to another. The domains are on the same server and have the same domain name but different host names, say 'www' and 'xxx'. So I want to move the actual user named 'name' at www.domain.tld to the (yet not existing) user named 'name' at xxx.domain.tld.

I could backup 'name's mbox, aliases and data in its subdirectory, then delete the user 'name' at www.domain.tld and recreate it at xxx.domain.tld. Then import mbox and data (best with ftp as 'name' to respect permissions) and install the aliases over the GUI.

Has anyone an idea for a quicker procedure?

Thank you and best regards

Meaulnes Legler
~  www.WaveWeb.ch  ~
~ Zurich, Switzerland ~