[BlueOnyx:15642] Re: Dfix2/APF problem

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 11:55:43 -05 2014

Hi Chris

> On 7/10/2014 11:28 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> > I also need to work out why FTP clients keep getting listed/blocked ...
> > they are not trying multiple logins.
>
> Are you *sure*?   This may be worth checking your logs.   We frequently
> run into customers who have some process they forgot about, or an ex-
> employee's email trying to POP, etc.  Or they'll change the password on the
> server and forget that they have a webcam that is set to FTP new images with
> the OLD password... stuff like that happens all the time.

Yes - I am sure. Their IT Manager gets blocked every time he tries to login via the GUI to add a new user.
I remove the IP from the APF deny rules and he is able to access the GUI. Sets up a new user and tests it and all okay.
New user (client downloading drawings) tries to access FTP and can't. I check the deny list and sure enough they are in there.

Add IPs to allow rules and all okay until one day ... can't login again. Check APF and they are back in the deny rules.

Very strange.

> > Maybe Michael will know? J
>
> Or Greg K., since DFIX is sort of his baby.  ;)

Yeah ... or Greg. Just thought that as Michael had put it on for me he might have an idea. :)

Regards

Colin