[BlueOnyx:15647] Re: 5207R/5208R progress report

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 11 01:17:47 -05 2014

Hi Ernie,

> Did you notice that Centos 7 has been release this week?
> That was quick compared to their past efforts!

Yeah, it pays off that the CentOS team did let itself get bought
("sponsored") by RedHat. So the collaboration between them is now a lot
closer. Which certainly helped to kick CentOS 7 out of the door a lot
faster.

> What's the future of Blueonyx on SL?

Totally unchanged: We'll support it as well and there will be 5209R
ISO's for it, too.

It could even be that I can't build the Centos 7 ISO for 5209R until SL7
is out. Go figure.

I haven't yet checked if the Revisor on Centos 7 works (which it usually
didn't in prior versions) Or if they crippled Anaconda on purpose again.
If nothing has changed and they crippled it again, then I might need to
wait for the SL7 release. Because they usually have a working Revisor
that I need for CD-building.

FWIW: Despite two utterly chaotic days (which left little time for work)
I just scratched another item from the to-do-list:

The new RPM format for the GUI RPMs has been decided on and the
"sausalito-devel-tools" can now build RPMs with either the old GUI, the
new GUI or both. It's a hellish mess of Makefiles, Perl-Scripts and
Shell-Scripts, but finally it works.

So for the first time in four weeks I might allow myself to go to bed
before 3:00 a.m. instead. \o/