[BlueOnyx:15654] Re: 5207R/5208R progress report

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 13 21:08:44 -05 2014

Hi all,

And another Update:

> Yet another update: The first 30 BlueOnyx UI modules have been updated
> to include the new "Chorizo" GUI bits and pieces. They're now in SVN:
>
> http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/ui
>
> The rest will follow in the next day or two. On Sunday I'll crank out a
> full set of RPMs for the new GUI.

I just finished modifying the last BlueOnyx modules to be able to build
RPMs for the new GUI. That was quite extensive and had to be done with
sufficient precaution for all those modules that ought to be re-usable
on multiple platforms without further code changes.

But I think I have it wrapped up pretty well now.

So as of right now all the code for the new GUI is in SVN - including
the modified CodeIgniter that runs it (See: base-alpine.mod). The only
things needed for 520XR/5207R that aren't in SVN is some peripheral
third party stuff such as phpMyAdmin, phpSysinfo, Z-Push, ProFTPd and
various Perl modules, for which we usually provide the SRPMs on
http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/

I'll run a full RPM-build during the night and will test it out tomorrow
on a test system. There might be small glitches such as not including
this or that important file in any of the RPMs, but that should be easy
to fix.

So final items on the list:

- Building the RPMs
- Testing the RPMs for completeness
- Building a BlueOnyx YUM repository RPM for 5207R/5208R
- Updating the mirror.php script on the mirrors to handle 520XR.
- Building/testing the remaining supplemental RPMs
- Building/testing OS templates.
- Building/testing the ISO images.

All but the ISO's ought to be ready by end of next week (18th-20th
July). The ISO's might take 2-3 days extra.

Now if all goes well I might get to start on 5209R for CentOS7 before
this month is over.