[BlueOnyx:16550] Adding an ACCEPT rule for a static IP in the firewall

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 04:58:50 -05 2014

Hi, we use the APF and BFD package and the BX keeps blocking a Windows box.
I can remove the offending DROP rules, no problem and I thought I could add
a rule with this:

iptables -I INPUT -s nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/27 -j ACCEPT

service iptables save

This is listed in the rules when I run iptables --list --line-numbers -n
(grep IP, of course).

However within about 24 hours the rules are gone and the box is blocking the
Windows server again. So, please could someone explain how I can save the
iptables config so it they are permenant?

Many thanks, Richard