[BlueOnyx:16155] Re: Existing database overwritten by GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Oct 12 18:31:25 -05 2014

Hi Maurice,

> It seems that it is now impossible to update the information in the GUI
> with current databases and mysqlusers that are in use. How can I do
> that? Do I need to enter that info manually with cceclient, or is there
> an easier way?

Yes, updating that info was neither possible with the old GUI or the
new. When you hit save, it will result in a create or destroy action,
provided there are no name conflicts.

It's best to use cceclient to trick CODB into associating an existing
Vsite with an existing DB. When using cceclient SET for that just make
sure to not put anything into the "create" or "destroy" fields. Because
those are the two that trigger creation & deletion.

Example:

[root at 5207r ]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
100 CSCP/0.99
200 READY
find Vsite fqdn = "t1.blueonyx.info"
104 OBJECT 59

get 59 . MYSQL_Vsite
102 DATA NAMESPACE = "MYSQL_Vsite"
102 DATA username = "vsite_uK91WiP"
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.0"
102 DATA pass = "uKiP4GB"
102 DATA host = "localhost"
102 DATA hidden = "1413067278"
102 DATA destroy = "1413067278"
102 DATA DB = "vsite_uK91WiP_db"
102 DATA port = "3306"
102 DATA create = "1413067176"
102 DATA enabled = "0"
201 OK

So this Vsite already has a MySQL database newly set up, but it's not
enabled. If I wanted to change the username, password and database name,
I would use this:

set 59 . MYSQL_Vsite username = "kermit" pass = "bacon123" DB =
"miss_piggy_db" enabled = "1"

If "host" and "port" are blank in your example, you need to populate
that as well. Just as said: Don't put anything into "create" or
"destroy". "hidden" is not needed either, as it no longer has any function.