[BlueOnyx:16350] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues II : ProFTPd fixed (sort of)

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at bpanet.de
Fri Oct 31 08:41:41 -05 2014

Michael,
Chris,

I have another hint to prevent the flappy behavior.
What we can see at systems which are flappy is

Oct 31 14:38:23 ww6 proftpd[12861]: warning: "ProFTPD" address/port (123.123.123.123:21) already in use by "ProFTPD server"

There is definitely no proftpd process running. It is definitely configures as inetd ServerType.

The solution is to change the Line

        server_args             = -4 -c /etc/proftpd.conf

        server_args             = -N -4 -c /etc/proftpd.conf

Then it should work more stable.

Best regards,
Dirk

Black Point Arts Internet Solutions GmbH - Hanauer Landstrasse 423a - 60314 Frankfurt