[BlueOnyx:15877] Re: Bug / Issue with New GUI (5208R) and SSL

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 4 19:07:59 -05 2014

Hi Dan,

>> > When attempting to generate a SSL signing request for a new certificate,
>> > the "Organization" field will not allow any blank space characters.   When
>> > typing the name of the organization, an error appears in red "Please fix
>> > this field".
>
> Confirmed. Thanks for reporting this. I'll fix it.

Ok, this is fixed in SVN and YUM. Updates have been published. Sadly, it
was a bit more complicated than anticipated.

Allowing a space between multiple words was easy. We just don't want a
leading and trailing space. That blew the regular expression for this to
3x the previous size.

Then I looked at it again. The company name, state, organizational unit
and such might have additional unicode characters in it. With umlauts
and accents. One example (fictional) company name: "Bärbelweiß &
Trüffelköter GmbH"

The GUI wouldn't take that as is. Due to the umlauts. Validating with
\pL instead (or in PREC with \p{L}) would validate all Unicode input as
valid. Which would even have worked for Japanese. Sadly, we validate
with jQuery and that only allows a subset to be validated natively and
macros such as \pL won't work.

So I had to incorporate a bit of a work around so that the SSL input
also accepts a limited subset of Unicode input. Should be good for now,
but might need some fine tuning down the road.