[BlueOnyx:15884] Re: PHP Version

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 5 12:53:13 -05 2014

Hi Richard,

> I updated to PHP 5.3 from the BO Store but one site is having issues. Is it
> possible to run that site on the lower version that is still on the server
> (does admserv use the original one?).

AdmServ will always use the original PHP. The public Apache will use the
original PHP, too. But once you install a PHP package from the shop, the
public Apache will be switched to the newer PHP, while AdmServ continues
to use the original PHP that came with the OS.

No, there is no good way to run a single site on a different version of
PHP than the others.

It is usually better to find out why the application can't use the more
modern PHP and fix that, or update the app to the latest version that
might support newer versions of PHP. These updates usually also fix a
lot of security holes within the app as well.

Even PHP-5.3 is now EOL. The latest Wordpress 4.0.0 release also bumps
the minimum requirement to PHP-5.4 and other popular scripts will follow
suit soon.