[BlueOnyx:15891] Re: New GUI: How to upgrade

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Sep 6 13:52:30 -05 2014

Hi Jason,

> For those of us using 5107R, when can we expect an option to update to the
> GUI please?

If you want to upgrade a ...

5107R to 5207R
... or ...
5108R to 5208R

... then you can do it this way:

Login as "admin" by SSH and "su -" to get root access. Then run this
command (it goes into one line):

rpm -hUv
http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5200R/el6/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/blueonyx-yumconf-2.1.0-1.noarch.rpm

That RPM will work for both 5107R and 5108R, as it is not architecture
dependent and it is the same for both 5207R and 5208R.

Then do a "yum clean all" and "yum update". That will pull around
500-600 RPMs and will install them.

Once it is done, run the script /usr/sausalito/sbin/SSL_fixer.pl as
"root". That generates the new SSL VirtualHost containers for sites that
have SSL enabled.

Lastly you might have to restart Apache manually, as the whole set of
restarts during the updates might have left it in limbo-state. A reboot
wouldn't hurt either, but is optional.

Once the updates are done, you can login to the new GUI via
http://<IP>:444/login or https://<IP>:81/login

Words of warning:

1.) Upgrading this way cannot be undone. Once you upgraded the box to
520XR, the old GUI is gone and I will not assist in bringing it back.

2.) If you have third party software installed that has GUI components,
then this software will be without GUI pages. You need to get the
updated PKGs from the BlueOnyx shop to get the 520XR GUI components. At
this time the only PKGs without the new GUI ready are "Automated
Backup", the "AV-SPAM" and the PKG "Access Control". Everything else is
ready for 520XR. The rest will follow as soon as I can wrap it up.