[BlueOnyx:15898] Re: New GUI: How to upgrade

Colin Jack colin at mainline.uk
Sat Sep 6 16:55:12 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

On 6 Sep 2014, at 19:52, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
>> For those of us using 5107R, when can we expect an option to update to the
>> GUI please?
>
> If you want to upgrade a ...
>
> 5107R to 5207R
> ... or ...
> 5108R to 5208R
>
> ... then you can do it this way:
>
> Login as "admin" by SSH and "su -" to get root access. Then run this
> command (it goes into one line):
>
> rpm -hUv
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5200R/el6/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/blueonyx-yumconf-2.1.0-1.noarch.rpm
>
> That RPM will work for both 5107R and 5108R, as it is not architecture
> dependent and it is the same for both 5207R and 5208R.
>
> Then do a "yum clean all" and "yum update". That will pull around
> 500-600 RPMs and will install them.
>
> Once it is done, run the script /usr/sausalito/sbin/SSL_fixer.pl as
> "root". That generates the new SSL VirtualHost containers for sites that
> have SSL enabled.
>
> Lastly you might have to restart Apache manually, as the whole set of
> restarts during the updates might have left it in limbo-state. A reboot
> wouldn't hurt either, but is optional.
>
> Once the updates are done, you can login to the new GUI via
> http://<IP>:444/login or https://<IP>:81/login
>
> Words of warning:
> ================
>
> 1.) Upgrading this way cannot be undone. Once you upgraded the box to
> 520XR, the old GUI is gone and I will not assist in bringing it back.
>
> 2.) If you have third party software installed that has GUI components,
> then this software will be without GUI pages. You need to get the
> updated PKGs from the BlueOnyx shop to get the 520XR GUI components. At
> this time the only PKGs without the new GUI ready are "Automated
> Backup", the "AV-SPAM" and the PKG "Access Control". Everything else is
> ready for 520XR. The rest will follow as soon as I can wrap it up.
>
> --

Getting this:

Error: Package: solarspeed-solbackup-capstone-2.0.3-SOL1.el6.noarch (installed)
           Requires: 5107R-shell-tools
           Removing: 5107R-shell-tools-2.30-0BX01.el6.noarch (@BlueOnyx/6.4)
               5107R-shell-tools = 2.30-0BX01.el6
           Obsoleted By: 5207R-shell-tools-2.30-0BX01.el6.noarch (BlueOnyx-520XR)
               Not found
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Regards

Colin