[BlueOnyx:15925] Re: suspended email address still receiving

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 9 17:58:12 -05 2014

Hi Tom,

> I have suspended email for several users on my server. However, the email
> to those users are still being received. Since I have other users that need
> to receive email under the same domain names, I cannot remove the email
> servers.
> Is this normal behavior or is this a bug or error of some sort, allowing
> email to still be received to a suspended account, instead of being bounced?

Stephanie Sullivan recently reported a similar problem. I think this is
related to a mysterious second alias database that resides directly in
/etc/. It is an artifact from the BlueOnyx setup and shouldn't be there.

So please check if you have /etc/aliases and /etc/aliases.db and remove
them. The correct alias databases are of course in /etc/mail. These are
the ones that Sendmail and the GUI use. But the presence of a different
version directly in /etc/ apparently has a negative impact.

I'm still looking into this and will publish updates for this (and other
email related problems) soon.