[BlueOnyx:15932] Re: couple of bugs when creating new sites in new GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 9 20:01:22 -05 2014

Hi Jason,

> "Sorry, the quota for anonymous FTP is higher than the quota for the site, X
> MB. Please enter a value less than or equal to X MB for the anonymous FTP
> quota."
>
> This reads to me as if any number you type in here is in GB but I found that
> if you put 1 in here it is in fact 1M not 1G

I just checked and it works exactly as intended.

The label of this input field says:

"Maximum Allowed Upload Disk Space (MB)"

So if you put "1000" in it, that means 1000MB - or 1 GB.

If you put "1000M" into it, it means the same: 1000MB or 1GB.

If you put "1G" into the field, it also means the very same.

And of course you can't allow a greater allowed upload disk space than
the site has space in total.

The input fields where you can specify numbers for diskspace or
bandwidth optionally take a unit in the new GUI.

If you specify something without unit, it will assume MB.

If you use Number + M (example: 100M) it will assume Megabytes.

If you use Number + G (example: 1G) it will assume Gigabytes.

If you use Number + T (example: 1T) it will assume Terabytes.

This also works the other way around and large numbers will usually be
shown in Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes for easier readability.