[BlueOnyx:17439] Re: dovecot: auth: Error: Module is for different ABI version

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Apr 18 17:57:44 -05 2015

Hi Neil,

> dovecot: auth: Error: Module is for different ABI version 2.0.9 (we have
> 2.2.ABIv15(2.2.15)): /usr/lib/dovecot/auth/libdriver_sqlite.so
>
> I've tried re-installing dovecot with yum to no avail and don't seem to
> have any other dovcot packages installed...

You can fix that this way:

rpm -e postfix
rpm -e dovecot-devel
yum reinstall dovecot

BlueOnyx uses Sendmail. However, some older installs have a deactivated
Postfix installed alongside the Sendmail. Which creates dependencies
that interfere with our updated Dovecot as far as the SQlite driver is
concerned.

So run the above commands, which will uninstall postfix and
dovecot-devel. The final "yum reinstall dovecot" just makes sure that
your configuration is good.