[BlueOnyx:18139] Mailman import on 5209R trouble

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Aug 4 11:25:50 -05 2015

-----------------Well we are certainly getting our "sea legs" with
5209R.   I'll keep posting until I'm asked to stop.  ;)   Until then,
maybe some help on this.

Performed a cmuImport on a server that was running 5106R and is now
running 5209R.

If we go to www.SITENAME.com/mailman/admindb/ we get an error:
-----------------
Mailman CGI error!!!
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the CGI wrapper script to be
executed as one of the following groups:
[apache],
but the system's web server executed the CGI script as group: "site12".
Try tweaking the web server to run the script as one of these groups:
[apache],
or re-run configure providing the command line option:
'--with-cgi-gid=site12'.

I have only a basic understanding of how MailMan operates, and given
that it pulls from a different path entirely (/usr/lib/mailman) I'm just
not sure how to proceed in order to get things running for this customer.

The website in question is running in PHP DSO+mod_ruid2 and has an
SiteAdmin that owns /web, and the site works normally.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services