[BlueOnyx:18725] Re: SSL Certificates (via Let's Encrypt) - > available for 5209R (Tigerwolf)

Neil Watson neil at waterend.net
Sun Dec 6 13:07:54 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

I had a play with LetsEncrypt beta too and it can be persuaded (albeit
lots of caveats and warnings about python 2.6!) to work on older
releases:

./letsencrypt-auto --debug certonly --webroot -w
/home/sites/www.mydomain.net/web/   -d www.mydomain.net -d mydomain.net
-t

produced some certificates in /etc/letsencrypt/..... successfully

As you can guess, I'm not running 5209 so I wonder if you could share a
little bit of your implementation so I can get it working (probably in a
less elegant & automated way!) on  5107...

Dovecot was fairly easy to persuade to work with the letsencrypt .pem
(PKCS#8) key/certificate... (OK, a single set for all sites, but it
works - separate sets for each site is for another day as it looks like
Dovecot can be configured to do it!)

However, I can't (at the moment!) figure out how to make something that
Apache likes (in the /home/sites/..../certs directory) - so any clues as
to get openssl/whatever to do it welcome (pretty please!)

I haven't tried sendmail yet - so any clues of what format of key it
likes also welcome....

I know I'm taking advantage - but hopefully its still fresh in your
memory (or the scars haven't faded yet!). Might be some use to others
too...

Neil.

---