[BlueOnyx:18729] Re: SSL Certificates (via Let's Encrypt) - > available for 520XR

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Dec 6 20:27:46 -05 2015

Hi Neil,

> I had a play with LetsEncrypt beta too and it can be persuaded (albeit
> lots of caveats and warnings about python 2.6!) to work on older
> releases:

Well, the current 0.1.0 release of their client throws very explicit
warnings if Python-2.6 is present and then refused to run without the
--debug switch. Even when you run it with that switch, the
crypto-library throws like 10 lines of error messages.

But I just got it working on EL6 by installing python27 on the
sidelines. I built RPMs for that and the new base-ssl is now also in the
YUM repository for 5207R and 5208R.