[BlueOnyx:18735] Re: SSL Certificates (via Let's Encrypt) - > available for 520XR

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 7 11:57:50 -05 2015

Hi,

> Works great except.....  when I try to open a site in Chrome, Chrome
> tells me that since I am still using WINXP64 and my  op sys can't deal
> with the cert
>   (yes I know WINXP64 is old but it works and till now I haven't run
> into anything that has prevented me doing what I do, make web sites)

Yeah, XP is getting the short stick there. It goes even deeper than just
the "Let's Encrypt" cert. We only support SSL ciphers on BlueOnyx which
are newer than what XP can handle. Some browser such as Firefox bring
their own libraries for this and then still work on XP. But others that
rely on the OS provided libraries for SSL will come up short.