[BlueOnyx:18822] BIND updates for 12/16 notices

Matt James matt at rainstorminc.com
Thu Dec 17 09:24:29 -05 2015

Hi everyone,

On 12/16, a few advisories came out for BIND and I was wondering if we had an idea about when these patches would be available on BlueOnyx.

Specifically:

* https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-8000 <https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-8000>
* https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-8461 <https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2015-8461>

From my review of the BIND changelog on our 5107R, it isn’t in place yet (which is understandable given how recent the notices are), but I wanted to see if: A) anyone had an idea of when I should check again and B) if this kind of update is supposed to come from RedHat and automatically distributed to BlueOnyx distributions or if there’s any manual work that needs to be done by someone like Michael to forward those updates along and make them available.