[BlueOnyx:18830] Re: BlueOnyx server down

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Thu Dec 17 22:12:59 -05 2015

Hi Chris

> This morning we saw the same thing that Tom reported on a 5209R running
> on Aventurin{e}:
>
> On 12/16/2015 5:56 PM, Tom wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> > After seeing this error in the log:
> >
> > "Dec 16 16:15:07 ns bash: /etc/named.conf:36: open:
> > /etc/named.conf.include: file not found"

My server is still down and I am still dead in the water and not sure what
to do. After going through the logs and researching what to do to fix it,
the only thing I know for sure is, YUM update is the cause of the DNS
problem. But I don't know what to do to resolve it and get my server back
up and running. Even a temporary solution at this point would be a help. I
can log in using the server's IP. But there is no DNS for websites to be
accessed by domain.
I was going to do a complete re-install and restore this evening. Then I
got to thinking, what if as soon as I do all that, the system does a YUM
Update and breaks the box again?
I'm really in a bad situation.
I hope we find a solution soon.
Thanks