[BlueOnyx:18885] Re: PHP Stopped Working

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 24 13:31:53 -05 2015

Hi Maurice,

> I hope some kind soul can find the course of this, in order to prevent
> it from happening again.

I have an idea what it was. This affects 5209R only. In order to support
PHP7 I had to extend the CODB Namespace "PHPVsite" with some new fields.
That is the Namespace where the PHP settings of Vsites are stored.

I already had put provisions into it that deal PHP versions from 5.3 up
to PHP 5.6. during the recent changes I added provisions for PHP 7.0 up
to PHP 7.9. So we should be good for many years to come. Usually when I
add new fields to a Namespace we do not loose any information that was
stored in the old Namespace. As long as the old fields do not change
their names and just a couple of new fields are added.

However: This time around just that seems to have happened. During the
upgrade sometimes (but not always) some info was lost from the existing
Namespace. That's not really supposed to be happening, but it did.

Now that I am aware that this problem does exist I will try to prevent
it from happening again in the future.