[BlueOnyx:18888] Re: cron job hourly FATAL - iptables - Merry Christmas!

"Meaulnes Legler"@MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sat Dec 26 14:41:00 -05 2015

thanks again for the reply!

On 18.12.15 22:37, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> Hi Meaulnes.
> There are two issues here:
> 1. iptables: No chain/target/match by that name…. This will be fixed in a future yum update that will be released. The fix is already committed to SVN.
it's like a Christmas gift, since the yum update of 22.12., the hourly errors stopped.
> But, the only reason this is happening regularly is because of #2 below.
> 2. FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-042stab108.2/modules.dep: No such file or directory… This problem is specific to you. You would need someone to do some work on your box to dig in detail. It looks like parts of the kernel are missing on your box.
the strange thing is that it's just the other way round: the «FATAL .../2.6.32-042stab108.2/modules.dep:...» messages disappeared and the «/etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.» messages are recurring, but only once a day...
> So. Why are these messages appearing on your box? The old /etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic was broken. I fixed it, and it was published in a yum update. In your case, until you fix your kernel problems, you will see these errors. You can just delete or move /etc/cron.hourly/log_traffic somewhere else. That will suppress your error messages… but you will still need to do some more work on the kernel front.
> GK
will do, but next year :-)

Thank you again, best regards and season's greetings

Meaulnes Legler
~ www.WaveWeb.ch  ~
~ Zurich, Switzerland ~
~ tel: +41 44 2601660 ~