[BlueOnyx:18899] Re: 5209R error messages for yum update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 28 11:41:55 -05 2015

Hi Chris & Dirk,

> Chris wrote:
> If you have already performed "yum clean all", that should remove any
> cached metadata on your server.   So the question becomes why your
> server would be looking for something that does not exist?   This seems
> like something that should be traced at the local system level (in other
> words, your end).

That is something that I noticed as well. "yum clean all" ought to clear
the local cache. But sometimes it just doesn't do it well enough. It
then just cleans up the downloaded RPM's, but leaves the database around.

Just to be really sure to have yum start fresh it might be an idea to
delete /var/cache/yum entirely. It'll get recreated during the next "yum
update".